About Ogier Liberty
Ogier Liberty offers research, strategy and training solutions complimented by compliance and audit services for all types of regulated financial services businesses.
Ogier Liberty can help to facilitate your firms compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, including anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism.
As renowned specialists in the captive and reinsurance verticals, our clients include global leading insurance managers, captive insurers and reinsurers.
We also provide expert consultancy services to local regulatory bodies and associations.
Ogier Liberty also provides services to many offshore corporate service providers (‘CSP’s) and law firms.
The fundamental ethos of Ogier Liberty is to add value to each client, recognising that those companies that are willing to adapt and evolve will strengthen and succeed.
We look forward to working with you.
About Lisa Bowyer
Lisa Bowyer, PhD, LLM, LLB, has more than 25 years of experience in the fields of law, regulation and compliance.
She is a specialist in the purpose and risks of regulation, international legal and regulatory requirements and the drivers and strategies of financial markets and products including self-regulation.
- Chair of the Accounting Sector working group for the Cayman Islands National Risk Assessment 2021
- Director of Regulation & Standards – Cayman Islands Institute of Professional Accountant (‘CIIPA’)
Starting her career as an academic for 9 years in the UK, Lisa moved to the Cayman Islands in 2001 and acted as Deputy, and later Acting Head of the Policy and Development Division of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (‘CIMA’), for 5 years.
She was previously a consultant to the Insurance Firms Division of the Financial Services Authority (‘FSA’) in the UK and also worked as a Regulatory and Compliance Services manager with KPMG in the UK.
In 2008 she founded Liberty Consulting and was the first professional in Cayman to receive the CAMS-Audit designation.
Liberty has since advised and acted for a number of firms, associations and statutory bodies in the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Barbados and the Channel Islands.
Lisa was a member of the editorial board of the Cayman Financial Review between 2012-2016.
Following on from a number legal journal publications in the field of insurance law and regulation between 1995-2001, Lisa resumed writing for publication with articles including:
- “Book Review: Hedge Fund Governance (Evaluating Oversight, Independence and Conflicts)”;
- “Compliance: The Battle of Revenue and Risk”;
- “International regulatory policy: Risking a disconnect”;
- “Ukraine Sanctions”; “AML/CFT audit: What is appropriate?”;
- “Country risk assessment – white lists and black lists”;
- “Converging economic crime”; “Public interest: Who, what and why?”;
- “Regulating the Captive market: Responsiveness, Competition and Legitimacy”;
- “Captive Insurance in the Cayman Islands: Stability in a world of uncertainty”;
- “A Sustainable Finance Industry”;
- “Non-disclosure and Misrepresentation: Insurance Law in the Cayman Islands”.